Rules and Regulations
- An agency can only register a maximum of one team.
- The tournament will be played on League + Knock out basis.
- Every team is eligible to register 9 players. 7 men for the matches + 2 women for the Golden goal. At least 70% of the team composition must consist of participants working towards media planning and buying eg. Media planners, buyers, strategists, account managers, directors and others in the relevant areas of work.
- The Tournament matches will be played on 5-a-side basis with unlimited rolling substitutions from the 7 men nominated.
- Unlimited substitutions. The substitution is on rolling basis; any number of substitutions is possible from within the team of the day.
- In order for play to commence, both teams have to have at least 5 players plus the 2 female players. In case a team does not have these numbers, the opposing team will be awarded the points.
- Each agency to nominate 2 female players apart from the playing 7.
- Team captain to nominate one of the women as a Goalie and another one as the Striker.
- There will be a penalty shoot-out – “Golden-Goal” before the start of each match, in place of the toss.
- In the final the Golden goal rule will come into play only if the match ends 0-0.
- The team with maximum goals from the shootout will be the winner of the Toss.
- In the event of a tied game, the winner will be determined based on the Golden-Goal Score. If it is still a tie, the points will be shared.
- There will be a total of 18 teams playing the tournament.
- Tournament Format will be 6 groups of 3 teams, with the winners of each group moving through to the Super Six round.
- 3 points for a win; 1 point for a draw.
- In Super Six – The 6 group winners will again be divided in 2 groups of 3 Teams each; each team to play 2 matches in Super Six Stage. The Group winners will then play Finals.
- In the event of a group tie, then overall goal difference will be taken into consideration. If either of these do not produce a winner, then goals for will be taken into consideration. If this also does not produce any result, then goals against will be taken into consideration (Team with minimum goal against will qualify). If this also doesn’t produce a winner then a knockout penalty shoot-out will be held to decide the winner.
- Each match in the Group and Super Six Stages will be 6 minutes per half, with a 1 minute half time break.
- The Final will be 10 minutes per half and a 5 minute half time break.
- Only company employees are allowed. Part-timers and contract employees are not permitted to play.
- Players need to show company ID card at the venue during team registration and need to submit the name of the all players on a bonafied certificate/letter from the HR along with the seal.
- Players will be provided Jerseys and shorts. All the players have to wear them during the game.
- To ensure smooth running of the day, and tournament completion in time for fiesta, teams are required to register promptly 45 minutes before their first match kicks off. Full timings and groups will be released in due course on the BBC World News Football Connect microsite. Teams late for any match will forfeit.
- Soccer studs only with Rubber Spikes (Metal Spikes are not allowed) allowed. Players will not be allowed to play bare-foot.
- Standard 5-a-Side rules apply and the referee’s decision is final – no changes permitted.
- Goalkeeper cannot handle the ball outside the "D". Back-pass to goalkeeper is allowed but he cannot handle the ball when a backpass is given.
- Teams may have to play 2 or more matches in a day.
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, but feel free to bring your own choice of drink (Gatorade, tequila, etc.)
- In the Final, in the event of a tie, again, Golden Goal will be taken into consideration. If it’s still a tie, a penalty shootout will determine the winner.
- Organizers reserve the right to change/modify/add any rule and reject any entry without ascertaining any reason.